Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

April 19, 2017

Water Colour Wednesday - Bird Crazy

Hi Everybody,

I sat and water coloured this fun card in a moment of peace and I really enjoyed the process.

I used a number of techniques to get the background and I like the end result

First I ink smooshed three shades of Distress Inks onto some water colour card and spritzed it with water to lift some of the colour.

I then inked through a stencil with a darker shade to get the circles pattern onto the card on the left side


I added Tonic Studios Embellishment Mousse in silver through a different patterned stencil on the right side and allowed that to dry.

I cut this out with a stitched edge die and added it to a top folded white base card

The bird, which is from the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy Collection,  was water coloured with Gansai Tambi and I hand drew the pattern onto the bird.  I added Glossy Accents to the eyes and then mounted him onto some foam pads.

The sentiment was heat embossed onto some parchment and then added to another circle in white. And finally I dotted some sequins around the card ... Cute or what ????

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


13 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, a fabulous fun card as you say super cute and love the colouring and texture you gave added.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about the techniques you've used on the background and a cute bird too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Christina so cute
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun card Christina. I just love the Crazy birds and don't use mine enough mainly because I have problems colouring them in. So thanks for showing how it should look.
    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine
    Loved reading about how u done this card always good for the friends that like this kind of style
    Joy Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute card Christina, love the expression on the bird's face

    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Christina :D :D I love those crazy bird stamps!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Christina :) Love it! Love everything about it! It made my heart happy! Enjoy your day! Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is adorable. love the new product you mention. hope to find it near me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christina
    What a lovely card. Love the techniques you've used as well. Aren't the crazy birds gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for the background and very effective. I like the idea of shimmer just on one side of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Christina,
    What a great card, I just LOVE the background and you just can't go wrong with a crazy bird every now and then can you 😀
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...