Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 20, 2015

Pop Up Box - and no dies ...

Hi Everybody,

Whenever I add something new to these pages .. be it a video or a supplier for the items or the dies that I use then it will be  underlined   and this indicates that it is a link that you can click. 

Plus I will add the same link to the Video Tutorials section that is in the title bar at the top of the page and that way you will always be able to find it in the future

Many of you seemed to like the  Spellbinders Pop Up Box that I added a few days ago but I know that many of you live in places where you cannot get the die or it is too expensive to ship

I didn't think that you should miss out on such a popular box card that everybody seems to be making right now.

And so I have made a Video Tutorial for this  Pop Up Box  and I haven't used any dies at all. (Please click the links to go to either of the pages for the Tutorials)

What I have done though is fill it full of flowers from  Wild Orchid Crafts  and wrapped it with beautiful lace from the same company.

The little baby bib that I have used at the top of the box is from Mei Flower  but there are many more baby items on their website

Now if you don't stuff yours as full as I have then you may be able to get it into an envelope ... but I have no chance with mine !!

There is another video that will show you how to create a bigger box to put this one into and it makes a really special gift and can be for any occasion and I will add that tomorrow.

So Happy Crafting and I know that you will like the gifts that you are going to make.

Please remember ...

You now have three places to visit for ideas or tutorials ... Video Tutorials at the top ... Tuesday Tutorials in the sidebar to the right ... and  Inspiration  at the top left of the pages.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx






26 comments:

  1. this box is so beautiful and i watched the tutorial. good that you don't need a die. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina
    I have watched and enjoyed your video. I have been making this type of card for a long time having first come across them as a project using my Hougie board and they are always admired and loved by the recipients. So far the range of cards has included 21sts,18ths new babies, weddings special birthdays, and I am often commissioned for these cards the latest being for a wedding anniversary.
    Have you seen the YouTube video that uses the box base and fills it with sweets on lolly sticks which when completed looks like bunch of edible flowers. I copied the idea for a chocoholic friend who was well impressed.
    Sorry this comment has gotten rather long
    Live your videos
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Great idea to show it made without dies. Thanks for all the tutorials and links, they're so useful. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome box card Christina It makes a perfect long lasting gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sunday Christina. I have bought the pop up box dies but haven't, yet, had time to try them. I hope to make them for Xmas so will be watching the Video ASASP xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Christina,
    A gorgeous pop up box card, so pretty. I have made a couple of these so effective but a bit time consuming.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Christine, I have made this style but make mine flatter so they will go in an envelope HAHA. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for that Christina. I haven't got the box die and I really appreciate you showing how to make one from scratch. Todays box is so beautiful and Iadore the tiny bib.
    Many congrats to Vicki for winning one of your special card. Well done you.
    Love Val inSpain x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning, Christina,
    I want to thank you once again for adding the instructions for making the box without dies. This means that I can have some fun until I've saved up to buy the die set. You're a star. Bxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Lovely. And thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I constantly look at your videos, tutorials and inspiration page for ideas, you have so many brilliant ones to offer, thank you so much Christina, what would we do without you ???? Luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Christina. A beautiful bouquet to receive,it looks wonderful.I buy my flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts now after seeing your cards, you get loads too, and not expensive. They really finish a card beautifully.
    Thank you for the video.
    Have a lovely day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, can't wait to watch the video.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina
    H
    Lovely box and how thoughtful to do a tutorial without using the die. It's very welcome as I also don't have this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765609886761/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these little box cards Christina so very pretty:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I am definitely going to give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration and the tutorial to follow so I can make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful this pop up box is. I have never seen a die for this box, so I appreciate you taking your time to produce a vide. Thanks for all your inspirations. Dianne Crowe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab pop up box Christina, the colours are beautiful. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, your box card is gorgeous! I love the flowers, the lace along the bottom and the baby bib~so adorable!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christina, I love the way you fill these boxes, best I have seen, the video will be much appreciated.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Christina, the pop up box is beautiful what a great new baby gift instead of a card. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! Haven't watched the tutorial yet but I am sure it will be worth watching.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...