Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 27, 2013

Another Frame Tutorial ...

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday I added the tutorial   Creating a Frame with Spellbinders  ... but I promised that I would do another tutorial making the same style card without the use of dies at all.

And so here is Making a Frame Tutorial  and although it takes some work to get the frame I still think that the end result is worth the effort.

I have shown you just two ways to add the strips in the video ... as these photos show ... but you can make whatever pattern you prefer.

Make it look like a window or simply add them in squares, but I am sure you will agree that it looks pretty either way.

The background is created with the 8x8 Embossing folder Regency Swirls from Crafters Companion

If you did the diamond pattern you could add pearls into each of the crossed sections.    My pearls are from Want2Scrap

And please, please don't be a perfectionist about the space between the diamonds ... you will drive your self crazy trying to get them exact.

It is after all a hand made card  ... and no body will know ... if you don't tell them !!

All they will see is the lovely card that you have taken the time to create with love  ... JUST for them


I have been asked where you can get the Quatrefoil Pattern die  ... here are the links for you
 ....   In the UK  .....  In the USA   


More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Christina, going to watch the video later, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing the time you must spend on your demonstrations to help others I really appreciate your hard work and thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only just discovered your blog - and I'm in love with it! So many wonderful projects and TERRIFIC information. You're very generous with your experience and creativity. I look forward to spending many hours reading every post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another lovely card and video Christina, and to top that it means I can make cards whilst on my travels with the caravan or at my daughters as I have so basic essentials with me as my main stuff is in Spain where I live.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Christina, will need to have a look at your video first and then will maybe give this a bash. lol. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful I love all the gorgeous detail and thank you once again to you and your film crew, for a brilliant tutorial you are so generous with your time and sharing your talent xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christina,
    I love all your cardsand these are stunning once again,you put them together so well, the detail is fantastic and I watch your tutorials on you tube all the time, you are so clever and explain everything so well thank you for all the inspiration you provide love and hugs May xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, loving the detail will certainly have a go at this.
    Thank you for all the info
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instead of cutting plain strips for the frame insert, you can also use decorative scissors to cut the strips. This way, you'll be able to create a similar style to the quatrefoil die. Perhaps you could pass this idea on to your readers?

    Em
    http://www.creative-em.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...