Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 05, 2013

Using Scraps ...

Hi Everybody,

Do you have favorite papers that you have used and then end up with lots of  left overs that aren't really big enough to do another card ???

I have lots of these and I cannot for the life of me throw them away.

I have flower making sessions where I will spend the whole day making lots of different coloured flowers and packing them neatly ready to use.

But sometimes I have papers that all blend together and with these I can cobble a card that I am happy with and this is one such card.

These are all papers that I had left over from the projects I made using the Funky Hand CD "Wishes and Kisses"  and I have just cut them into equal squares to fit my card front.

It is made from the Hinged Card style using the Matting Basics and the only other die I have used is the small label form the Radiant Rectangles.

Onto this I have stamped and heat embossed my sentiment from   JustRite 

But the card itself is made from the Mosaic Card Tutorial   and I have used a small amount of Gilding Flakes.

Once the Big Double Bow was added and the pearly  Bling  from Want2Scrap ....  I think the card can be said to be finished

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx









10 comments:

  1. I just love ideas to use those "pretty bits" of my stash - thanks again Christina for some brilliant inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve it Christina.. a real patchwork beauty.. such a clever idea... and quite addictive once you get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Marvellous technique but I think I would have difficulty putting the squares down straight - the strips look easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Christina & a good way to use up scraps. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a lovely pretty card Christina and a fantastic way to use up all those bits of paper I can't throw away. I have just watched the video tutorial thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us, I couldn't leave a comment for the video though as I am not with any of the listed xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous use of scraps, Christina!! It's beautiful!! I could make a scrap quilt 50 miles long with all of my scraps ;) I need to use them and this is a perfect way to do so!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very pretty card Christina, this is definately something that I would like to try out. Hugs, Jen :-) x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea Christina there are always favourite papers we can't throw away and now I know what to do with them
    Thanks so much!
    Viv x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...