Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 21, 2013

One die ... 2 cards

Click to Enlarge
Hi Everybody,

The two cards featured today are another example of how one die can look so totally different when used in another way.


The die in question is the  Layered Scallop Posy

In the first card I have cut it out twice to form an elongated circle and then embossed a centre strip and wrapped the ribbon around it. 

The bow is a Double Bow with Tails made using the Bow Maker
and the centre has the addition of a
 Wild Orchid Flowers


In the second card I have again cut the shape out twice but used it  as a filigree insert for the Elegant Labels Four 

Both are done in the same blue and white card.

The ribbon on the second card is a thin Gingham and it has been  made following the    Ruffled Ribbon Technique  with a tiny bow added to the top

The addition of some small Want2Scrap   pearls are the finishing touch.

Important News

The   Discount Offered   for the CD "Wishes and Kisses" will run until the 2nd June so grab it while you can  (click the  discount link) 

Then go to the Funky Hand website and use it at the checkout to get £6.00 off your purchase...

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx  





9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Christina especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina I like the second card best ,looks more delicate and love the colour.
    Marion H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two totally different looks from the same die - and both are lovely. Thanks for the info on the discount from Funky Hand, I've ordered my CD & can't wait to play with it. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards! I need to be more creative with my dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Christina, and once I get the dies that I need I will be trying these cards out. lol Thanks for sharing as always. Hugs, Jen :-)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful cards...good way to get more use from dies!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina 2 very nice cards and 2 different looks from the same card,I love both of them ,thanks for all the inspirations on your blog.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. congrats on joining the design team I am so looking forward to seeing the step by step
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...