Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

November 02, 2012

Scrapbook Album

Being part of the Paper Creators  DT  means I get to use some very pretty images.  And most of the time I make cards with them.

But this time I thought I would try something other than a card ... and for this project I have used a rather large Scrapbook Album.

The image that I have used is the Conductor  and  he has been decoupaged onto the front.

I stored it in   "Picasa" which means I can now resize the image to suit whatever it is I want to do.

Picasa is a  FREE  photo editing software  that allows you to store all your photos, backing papers and digital images.

The pink link will give you a wider explanation and also a link to their website.

You will never lose a picture again and you can edit, recolour or resize them as you wish.

For this album I have used shades of blue and each panel has been stitched and then  I have  layered them onto the front of the album.

Using the  Donnas' Alphabet  from the Spellbinders set I showed you testerday I have added Tylers' name.

This letters set is available from   Save On Hobbies   and will be a  useful addition  to your  cardmaking "Stash"

The little fence is a Memory Box  Die  from
Oyster Stamps  and just seems to add the finishing touch to the front.

 The Pearl Flourish is from Want2Scrap and adds a touch of luxury to what would otherwise be a plain album.... but not too much as this is for a boy.
 
I have added Glamour Dust to the name and wrapped Bakers Twine around the spine.
 
 I am sure that his mum will add all the special little items to the album that she wishes to treasure as he grows.
 
Hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable image!! You colored him perfectly!! The design is so fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable image, love the colours you have used, fab layout
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Christina I love the image and such neat sewing x
    Thank you for the Picasa link x
    I hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...