Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 13, 2012

A Personal Story

Card Making Magic is now just over three years old and this has been the most extraordinary journey I have ever made.  I knew absolutely nothing about websites  and ...apart from sending the odd email  ... nothing about the internet either.

But I went ahead and dived in and, with a lot of hard work over those years,  it has gone from strength to strength. And then I had the idea  to add videos to the pages ... and that took it into another dimension... and the response from those tutorials has amazed me.

Through  YouTube  I started to get "followers" and some of the comments they leave me are wonderful.... some of them have been following me for a few years now.  They spur me on to do more and many many of my followers email me with questions and stories of their own.  I now have requests to do tutorials on things that people want and I do my best to accomodate them. 

One follower in particular asked if we could communicate more privately away from  YouTube and we started to email each other. We have built up quite a friendship and it was Naomi who encouraged me to start Blogging. She helped me every step of the way and I will always be grateful for that help. We went one step further and started to chat regularly on Skype.

And then she asked  if  I ... and my film crew  ... would like to visit her  in Canada.  Of course we debated this for a while and then we said "YES" and so then the planning started from both sides of the pond.

Last week we booked our flights to Nova Scotia and I am so excited to be going to Prince Edward Island.  It has come around so quickly and now it is just over one week away and I will get to meet Naomi.

She is like a kid in a candy shop and is planning all sorts for us to do in the two weeks we will be with her and her family.  On the 22nd  June we will fly from Heathrow and I can hardly wait, it is going to be such an adventure for us all.

In the meantime I have scheduled posts to go out for my Blog and I will be adding more to the pages from Canada ... and maybe show you a project or two that Naomi and I have created together.

Wish me Bon Voyage for the 22nd ....

Hugs xx











16 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome. Wishing you and Naomi the best of times together. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christina, this trip sounds wonderful, I,m sure you will have a brill time.

    Do you have a video on Spellbinders Edgabilities? I bought some yesterday 'Classic Decorative Inserts Four and I thought they would cut but they seem to emboss only, Any help appreciated. Thanks. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy ... When they first came out they came with two inserts and one cutting edge... and there where lots of different ones that could all be mixed and matched to give you lots of styles.
      But now they are bringing out the extra inserts to give you even more styles.... so what you have bought is just the extra inserts and you still need the cutting edges.

      You can get three different cutting edges in one pack and so you will have lots to go at if you get them. Hope that explains it for you xx

      Delete
  3. This is going to be great adventure :)
    Have a nice time with Naomi :) Looking forward some pictures from Prince Edward Island :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful Christina , what a lovely story , i bet you all have a blast when you get there . Have a brilliant time and lets see some pics of your stay ....Hugs Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time Christina, Griff and Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness is it 3 years already??? how time flies and how we have all enjoyed the journey with you and enjoyed the input and hard work you and your film crew !! have a fantastic time all of you.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fabulous CREATIVE time. I'm originally from Canada and you will be in awe of how beautiful PEI is . ENJOY and post pics. Thank you also for your tutorials and inspiration...that's why I started blogging to reap all these benefits of friendship and amazing ideas.
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what an adventure!! I am so excited for you and Naomi:) It is amazing the friends we meet blogging. I was fortunate enough to meet up with a great blogger friend also last fall and we had a blast:)
    Have fun and safe travels:) Can't wait to hear more when you return!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful story, Christina!! I hope you have a wonderful, amazing time with Naomi!! Safe travels :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so thrilled to be part of your story! You have accomplished so much in three years and have been such an inspiration to many...I am your number one fan and eeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!! Like a kid in the candy store ...you couldn't have said it better..I am estatic ... I am honored to call you not only my blogger buddy but also my friend, you have added a new spark to my life and I am grateful everyday to have you in my life. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out.
    Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Christina, I shall have to look out for these. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you'll love our country. I hope you a have nice trip and enjoy your stay in PEI. Am looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's just so cool, Christina! Enjoy your time together ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope you have a wonderful time my friend and that's for sharing and showing me a lot of thing take care and have fun hugs linda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...