Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 17, 2012

Spectrum Noir Pen System ...

I have been colouring in my own digital downloads, or creating paintings,  for quite some time now and I have tried lots of different colouring mediums.

I love to watercolour with Distress Inks as it gives such a lovely finish to my projects.

There are many tutorials on the subject of using distress inks  (including mine)   for some really good tips on how to get the look you want.

Over the years I have used Pastels, Oils, Pencils and Acrylics  ... but then along came Alcohol Pens and the whole world changed.

They opened up a whole new area for the colourist and they give such professional results even if you are not an artist.... and I don't for one minute claim to be an artist.

Some of the brands I have tried have been Copics, Sakura, Flexmarkers, Promarkers and Aquamarkers.

But the ones I am trying at present are the new Spectrum Noir pens  from   Crafters Companion



This is such a pleasant way to colour in, and the colours blend in beautifully ... but don't let the kids have them ...Oh No!!

The image is another of the "Wrinklies" from  Just Inklined  and this delighful character is Albert.

He has been coloured with the new pens and I am very happy with the result.

I will certainly be practising more with this system and perfecting my skills with the blending so that I can get the best results possible with these pens ... and hopefully the recipients of my cards will like what they get.

And a quick P.S.  and that is the  New Video  that I made on Monday is now on the website and I hope you will enjoy it.


Hugs Christina xx







2 comments:

  1. It,s a lovely card Christina. The colouring is great, I,m still practising with my Promarkers and have had some good comments on my blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left something on my blog for you with great pleasure, hope you accept.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...